Sunday 6 July 2014

Summer is here!!! I love Ice Cream!

Wow. I cannot believe that summer is here in full force. The days have been gloriously warm - with the tiny exception of yesterday's hurricane.

We have been out to all of the farmer's market and are loving it. By all I really mean all of them; Sussex Friday, Kingston and the City Market on Saturday and Queen Square on Sunday. Our chocolates are a little distressed about the heat though. We had a whole box of stuff melt on Friday because it was much hotter than expected. The coolers will be filled with ice and the product will be chilled for the rest of the season.

So the thing that is really on my mind these days is ICE CREAM. God I love the smooth creamy treat. This weekend pre-hurricane I had a chocolate epiphany - brownie ice cream sandwiches. Yeah you read that right BROWNIE ICE CREAM SANDWICHES. Rich moist gluten free brownies sandwiched around smooth creamy frozen goodness.  So I made some - to be precise 50 of them! Chapman's Gluten free, peanut free ice cream was on sale so I stocked up and now we will be selling yummy delicious ice cream sammies all summer long.



I also learned that I love glitter. I never really played with glitter as a kid. Probably far to messy for my not so crafty mother. I had some excellent helpers make a sign to let everyone know we have ice cream sandwiches. Then I had a lot of fun playing with glue and the left over glitter. Could become a little glitter obsessed.  



No comments:

Post a Comment